Friday, March 16, 2012

The Day Before...

A new challenge, a new blog. Blogging seems to be the thing to do when you have a new challenge. Last November my friend Amy suggested that I run a half marathon with her. It seemed like it would be a good challenge. I needed to get back into shape and this seemed like it would set a goal in front of me. So back in November I started running. Or at least making an attempt. It was a slow go at first, walk for two minutes and then run for two minutes. My first goal was to run a mile straight. Seems like a pretty easy goal now, but it was definitely a challenge. I kept working on building up the mileage and threw in another goal. I signed up to run a 10k, 6.2 miles. Well, that day is tomorrow. My daily runs are between 2-4 miles (and will continue to increase) and my longest run so far has been 6 miles (and will be increasing by a mile each week until my half marathon).

So tomorrow...I'm excited, nervous, and really looking forward to the race. My goal tomorrow is to run the whole race and finish. No time goal, I just want to finish. Look for a post-race recap tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment