Friday, May 22, 2015

One week later...er...

I had such good intentions.

Then I drove to California. Oops.

My brother, sister in law, and niece we in CA for some testing on a bike that my brother designed the engine and exhaust system for. How cool is that? They are working at Roland Sands Design in Los Alamitos, CA. I wasn't allowed to take any pictures, but they've released a couple on their Facebook page now.

While the boys were "thrashing on the bike" the girls hit the beach for a little bit on Saturday. I was due for a run over the weekend, but I get to spend such a small amount of time with my little munchkin that I just wanted to soak in all the time with her possible. I mean, look at her! How could you not?



And then came this week. The last week of school for me, which is always crazy. And honestly I am just so exhausted from this school year that I really have a hard time finding the motivation to run. I should also mention that I live in Arizona. Now that might not seem like a huge deal, but the temperatures are rising (although this spring has been pretty mild, only flirted with 100 so far) and that means you either run in the morning or in the evening at dusk. 

Generally speaking, I'm not really a morning person, so the idea of getting up and running in the morning is just really rough in general. However, I think once school is out and I can get up and I don't have to be on my way to work by 6:30am, I'll be more inclined to run. I'm a fan of the 6am workout, I used to do that all the time at my last job. But the idea of a 5am workout...yeah, not so much.

I'm honestly really looking forward to the next month of working out. I have about four weeks before I head up to Wisconsin for a little visit. Looking forward to seeing some family and friends that I haven't seen in awhile. REALLY looking forward to seeing my Ironman-in-Training, Jacque B. I haven't see that girl in over 14 months and we are LONG overdue for a catchup session in real life. Anyway...

I'm planning on spending as much time at the gym as humanly possible until then. I LOVE my gym. It is huge and beautiful. It has indoor and outdoor lap pools, as well as regular indoor and outdoor recreational pools. So my plan is to get my running in, then either bike or swim, and then enjoy some time poolside reading and getting my tan on. It's going to be glorious. Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of schoolwork to do for next year as well, but workouts get to by my number 1 priority again which is wonderful.

Last week went pretty well for goals. I hit the green smoothies four out of five days. I missed the last one trying to get my car packed and ready to head right to LA after school and still make the morning faculty meeting. The watering went great! Well, the plant watering did, the person watering not as much. The squash is starting to sprouts, which is really exciting. I also got a couple flower plants too. I'm really starting to love my patio area. Didn't get all the miles logged, but we have a new week coming to get back on the mileage horse.

Goals for the rest of this week:

- DRINK MORE WATER. Seriously Andrea, you live in the desert. Drink some more water.
- Get the rest of the runs in for this week. LOG YOUR MILEAGE.
- Finish writing out my training plan for the next four weeks, including lifting.

Live. Laugh. Love.

<3Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment